Ban ‘Extension’ brings travel, hotel industry into huge losses –

0
29
Ban ‘Extension’ brings travel, hotel industry into huge losses –





Depending on the current situation: DGCA

KUWAIT CITY, February 23: Commercial air traffic to several countries was due to resume on Monday after a one-year hiatus. It was decided to take passengers from these countries and place them under institutional quarantine for a period of 14 days.

However, a few hours before the decision went into effect, there was confusion when the authorities working at the airport received a letter from the health authorities stating that the entry ban for non-Kuwaitis should be extended until further notice, reports Al-Qabas daily. This decision put a frustrating financial burden on the hundreds of travelers who booked through the Kuwait Traveler platform, which, according to aviation sources, reached 2,500.

Travel and tourism agencies as well as hotels suffered losses of almost one million dinars due to the cancellation of tickets and hotel reservations. In this regard, informed sources said the decision was reversed after health officials reported that health conditions require an extension of the entry bans for non-Kuwaitis in many countries due to the increase in COVID-19 cases and the spread of new strains World that required the maintenance of the health system.

regularity
At the airport level, air traffic was remarkably regular and calm yesterday, with 35 flights arriving and 34 departing. The institutional quarantine condition was applied to returning citizens and some arriving flights carried limited numbers of passengers, with the exception of domestic workers.

A number of people expressed satisfaction with the way the arrival procedures were carried out and the ease with which medical tests were carried out by the local laboratory staff. Directorate-General for Civil Aviation (DGCA) Operations Director Mansour Al-Hashemi confirmed that, after assessing the epidemiological situation, instructions had been given to continue the ban in accordance with health procedures and controls.

Regarding the handling of canceled flights and passengers whose reservations have been canceled, Al-Hashemi said, “According to operational flights, this is a normal thing if a restart is carried out according to current requirements. Returning tickets to travelers is a shared concern of the company and the traveler. “He declined to predict a date for the issuance of the decision to lift the non-Kuwaitis entry ban, indicating that this depends on the current situation.

Meanwhile, private hotel cars were present in the airport buildings yesterday to transport the arriving citizens to the locations of their institutional quarantine under strict measures to meet health and prevention requirements.





window.___gcfg = {lang: ‘en-US’};
(function(w, d, s) {
function go(){
var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0], load = function(url, id) {
if (d.getElementById(id)) {return;}
js = d.createElement(s); js.src = url; js.id = id;
fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);
};
load(‘//connect.facebook.net/en/all.js#xfbml=1’, ‘fbjssdk’ );
load(‘//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js’, ‘tweetjs’ );
}
if (w.addEventListener) { w.addEventListener(“load”, go, false); }
else if (w.attachEvent) { w.attachEvent(“onload”,go); }
}(window, document, ‘script’));

Source: ARABTIMESONLINE

Advertisement

Leave a Reply