Kuwait News: The Directorate-General for Civil Aviation (DGCA) has issued a circular to airlines operating at Kuwait International Airport, with the exception of exemptions from institutional quarantine.
The following categories are exempt from mandatory institutional quarantine.
- All diplomatic missions and their first-degree relatives (husband-wife-children) of all nationalities, whether alone or together, and their accompanying domestic workers, provided they present ID.
- All Kuwaiti patients sent abroad for medical treatment and their companions will be exempt from tax after completing their medical treatment, provided a medical certificate is issued by the Kuwaiti Health Department.
- All Kuwaiti students enrolled in foreign universities who are completing their university exams (provided they present a certificate issued by the Kuwaiti Cultural Office to prove that the student is enrolled in one of the foreign universities and a certificate from the university to prove the examination date ).
- Excepted government and private sector medical personnel, including their first-degree family members (husband, wife, children), either individually or collectively, accompanied by their domestic workers, provided evidence is provided.
- Unaccompanied minors under the age of 18 are exempt.
All of the above-exempted categories are subject to a 14-day home quarantine provided 2 PCR tests are performed at your own expense, the first PCR test on arrival in Kuwait State and the second PCR test on day 6 from arrival date. They also need to download and register the Kuwaiti Ministry of Health (Shlonik) application.